Chalily is a retail garden center focused on ponds and water gardens. We are seeking a General Manager to run our retail store. We specialize in aquatic plants, ornamental fish, and pond and water feature treatments. At Chalily, we pride ourselves on being experts in these areas and providing exceptional service. Candidates must be reliable, honest, and able to contribute to the positive work environment at Chalily.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and info about yourself to set up an interview! We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The most essential quality in Chalily’s Manager is someone who is willing to learn.
- Maintain everyday operations of the entire retail store
- Manage a team of 10+ people
- Train new Chalily team members
- Hiring and Scheduling of team members
- Lead planning of new projects and improvements throughout the store.
- Uphold an organized, and well-displayed sales floor both indoors and out
- Create profitable displays based on season and product
- Other duties as assigned
- Retail/point of sale operations
- Plant maintenance: watering, weeding, pruning
- Fish Husbandry: testing water, catching fish, and cleaning tanks
- Assist customers with sales in a friendly and informative fashion
- Maintain a neat, functional, and safe workspace
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Management Experience
- Retail Experience
- Positive attitude & ability to work well with others
- Problem-solving skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs, and stand, walk, & bend
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license
- Legally permitted to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Merchandising Experience
- Horticulture Experience
- Fish Husbandry